Monday, September 29, 2014

Fast Rider














Sporty and athletic influences are having a big moment in fashion. The trend has sparked an energy that's really fun and, in many cases, playfully irreverent (hence, my perforated leather gym shorts by Capulet). When a co-worker friend of mine offered to let me use his BMW motorcycle for a shoot, I seized the opportunity to play off of the active wear trend. So much fun using it -- the bike totally set the mood for the shoot. Thank you, Derek! 

Bromberg's in Mountain Brook kindly lent a couple new watches by Tudor, a line owned by Rolex, which the store recently started carrying. These watches are gorgeous. It was a lovely visit, and store manager Brian Hood was very hospitable. When perusing the watches, I was immediately drawn to the Fastrider Black Shield, $4925, one of the sportier-looking men's styles. I love the pops of red against the black. A very striking piece. I selected another Tudor men's style with a perforated leather watch band, which I'll be wearing in tomorrow's post, so stay tuned for that. 

So many beautiful shots to choose from by my talented photographer friends, Rachel and Noah Echols, I decided to break my two looks up into two separate blog posts. Always a good time working with these two :-).

The necklace and rings that arrived in this month's Sunset 45 little luxuries monthly subscription box were the perfect compliment to this look. I stacked the bar rings for a bold effect, adding a little edge. I wrapped the necklace around my wrist and looped it around my middle finger, creating a slave bracelet. Love these pieces -- the September box is absolutely my favorite one thus far. Also included in the box was a daintier chain necklace (not pictured, but coming up in a separate post that I recently shot). It's an adorable piece that will be getting a lot of wear. The beauty items inside this month's box included a richly pigmented black eyeliner pencil as well as a set of black and white nail art, which I have on my nails in these photos. 


x, M




Photography: Rachel and Noah Echols | Tudor watch: Bromberg's | Bar rings, necklace worn as bracelet, and nail art: Sunset 45 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I randomly just got an email for this blog post haha. I totally forgot about this site - I can't believe it's been 3 years!. Are you guys going to start posting again?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...