Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Raw Treasures




Of all the major cities and places I've lived in, there is something special about Alabama. There's a warmth and beauty about my state that is so attractive to me. When I travel, I'm always proud to talk about where I'm from. My pride in the south is strong for a lot of reasons, but wonderful, southern people might be the biggest thing that stands out to me. And talented southern creatives warm my heart. The jewelry designer whose necklaces Lindsey and I are wearing in this post and the photographer who took these shots are no exception to that : )

Earlier this summer, I crossed paths with the lovely and talented Anne Conway, who designed the elaborate shoulder piece I'm wearing as well as the interesting key laced necklace below. I first heard about Anne after meeting her dad at church one Sunday. I was intrigued about her contribution as a designer to Alabama Funk, which is a collaborative effort of various southern makers. Stay tuned for more about her designs in the full post! This is just a little preview and also a glimpse of the makeup Lindsey and I chose to accompany the jewelry.

We chose smokey metal shades for our eyes to complement the raw, 'hidden treasure' feel of Anne's designs. I opted for NYX's Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eye Shadow in Oro, a pure, shimmery copper, which I applied all over my lids. I damped the eyeshadow applicator for richer pigment.  I added just a touch of matte espresso shadow in the outer crease. By  the way, the NYX product is a great little find! Just $2 from Ulta. Lindsey chose Chanel's Black Star Eye Shadow, which she blended with a lighter gray shade. We wanted the eyes to make the statement, so we kept our lips soft and subtle with Estee Lauder's Pure Color lip gloss in Praline Paradise. 

Birmingham-based photographer Eric Gray took these beautiful shots and was such a pleasure to work with. Can't wait to share more! xoxox


xx, M



Shoulder piece and key necklace: Anne Conway of Alabama Funk (sold online and at SOCA and Harold and Mod| Ring: Jess Leigh Jewels | Bracelet: Sunset45
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...