Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Backstage With Heathers The Musical Star Elle McLemore










One of the golden rules of beauty is to avoid pairing a bold lipcolor with bold eyemakeup. Sometimes it's fun to break the rules though, as our talented actress friend, Elle McLemore, who plays Heather McNamara in broadway's Heathers The Musical demonstrates with her character's vivid makeup. We first introduced you to Elle in 2012, when she starred in Broadway's Bring It On. And to catch you up, she starred in Army Wives last year. We love that Elle applies her own makeup for Heathers and had to find out what goes into creating Heather McNamara's bold look. While catching up, Elle and I also chatted about her fave beauty products and her secrets for maintaining a crazy ridic bod. 
...





DISCUSS YOUR CHARACTER'S BOLD MAKEUP AND WHAT YOU USE TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK

"I wear bright yellow in the show, but my makeup look set by the designers centers around bright pinks and purples. I use the MAC Eye Shadow in Passionate and Trax, Powder Blush in Fleur Power, and Matte Lipstick in Candy Yum YumUnfortunately we don't have and hair and makeup person backstage to get us ready every night to get us ready, but I enjoy it because I love doing my own makeup! I am wigged in the show and luckily able to throw my hair in pin curls and a wig cap, so I don't have to damage my natural hair with all that 80s teasing, which is awesome!"



WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS? ANY YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT?

"I've always enjoyed experimenting with new products, so I added my own twist to the look by adding some lashes and a liquid eyeliner. I love Benefit Magic Ink. And my all time favorite lipgloss is the Buxom Full Body Lip Gloss. So tingly! :) Another great product I have discovered is MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot (a cream eyeshadow). I use the color Soft Ochre because it can be used under the bright colors in the show or naturally in my everyday use. It's amazing and stays on forever. One product that all of my cast members love and went out to buy and use is Benefit High Beam highlighter. I use it under and around my eye near my temples it looks great on stage under the lights. 

Lastly, I have extremely sensitive skin, and I can't ever use liquid foundation or I will break out like crazy. When I worked on Army Wives my makeup lady was amazing and searched all over and discovered the line Mineral Fusion at whole foods I'm obsessed with and have never had a problem! I love their pressed powder foundations and bronzers. For people with sensitive skin, this line is incredible! :)"



YOU'RE IN THE MOST AMAZING RIDICULOUS SHAPE. ANY SECRETS YOU CAN SHARE?

"Oh my gosh that is so nice! Thank you! I am a big fitness person and eat pretty healthy! I drink a green juice with spinach and kale every day and work out a few times a week. I love high intensity work outs using body weight exercises, so I do half hour work outs- running a mile as fast as I can on the treadmill followed by push ups and planks and wall sits. All my friends make fun of me because I'm such a big advocate on push ups, but it is the one thing I found that has strengthened my core more than anything else! Also, I treat myself to at least one thing a day to keep a happy and healthy soul :)" 






For more, check out Elle's Instagram: @ElleMcLemore and her facebook page. 
xx




Top photos: MAC Cosmetics blog | Middle photos: Elle Magazine 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...