Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Saks Beauty Week: Product Review


Today marks Day 6 of Saks Fifth Avenue Beauty Week, and as promised, we're filling you in on all the beauty goodies we took home to test from last week's beauty blogger breakfast. 
....

FACE
Kiehl's Skintone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream, SPF 50
I'm not big on BB creams, but I do like this formula, which delivers SPF 50 sun protection. Perfect for summer. I applied the Medium shade (which is the darkest of four total shades) to my freshly moisturized skin this morning. I was a bit surprised to find that the coverage wasn't quite as sheer as I expected it to be. Plus, the formula is buildable. Still, for a tad more coverage, I followed with a little concealer on top in certain areas and a light dusting of loose powder. Lindsey tried Kiehl's lightest shade, Fair, which was too fair for her skin tone. Oddly, the Fair shade seemed to deliver sheerer coverage than the Medium


CHEEKS
Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Wild Sunset (already in my makeup bag - one of my go-to blushes!)
Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Highlight Powder 
(used down the bridge of my nose and along my temples and tops of my cheekbones)


LIPS
Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in Corail Aquatique 
I really like this lip gloss. I'm going to have to buy some because it stays put for hours and retains its moist, glossy look. TIP: Later in the afternoon, I applied a shiny lipstick formula on top, and it made my lips look super full! Must try : ) 


EYES
Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effect Faux Baby Doll Mascara in Fetish Noir
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Cream Eyeshadow in Vision (already in my makeup bag - one of my favorites!)
Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Black 

As for the skincare, we are in love with Sisley's Buff and Wash Facial Gel... amaaaazing. Our skin felt brand new after using this exfoiliator. It's pricey at $117 per 3.5oz tube, but believe us that it is wonderful. Try it - you may find that it's worth the splurge. 

Sisley Radiant Glow Express Mask with Red Clay Intensive Formula
Made our faces appear fresher and more hydrated (even a little more rested!). Also expensive - $124. We definitely recommend splurging on a Sisley face mask. There are six total that target different skin needs. This one, the Creamy Mask with Tropical Resins, and the Eye Contour Mask are our faves. 

Happy Tuesday!
x, M


Necklace: Shals | Top: Natalie Deayala Collection 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful review and beautiful you. I am sold on the YSL Lip gloss. A must try. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busola, I am so loving the lip gloss, too! I wore another shade today. Will have to get several of these! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...