Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Fit and Flare Houndstooth







I have a love-hate relationship with houndstooth. In Alabama, we never have a shortage of it, as the pattern has been a symbol of Crimson Tide football ever since the legendary coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant first sported a houndstooth fedora (see here) in the 60's. Bama fans love their houndstooth. Go to a football game, and you'll see houndstooth shakers, koozies, jewelry, nail art... you'll see the pattern on any and every kind of article of clothing. That being said, it can get a little old seeing it everywhere. I've always loved houndstooth, but I usually don't buy it since there is such an abundance overabundance of it in my state. But when I spotted this Nikay houndstooth cotton blend dress by Theory, I couldn't resist. The feminine silhouette softens the masculinity of the pattern. I feel very girly in it! : ) 








As for the lipstick, I opted for a fiery orange-red shade, Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids lipstick in Vibrant Mandarin. It's super pigmented and stays on really nicely. You can't beat the drugstore price. 




 Happy Wednesday, y'all! Roll tide.




Mary's dress: Theory  |  Heels: Schutz  |  Bracelet: John Hardy
Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Your figure is ridiculous. And you look adorable in that dress. As an Auburn fan, I obviously cannot wear houndstooth though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Jane! If I was an Auburn fan, I'd steer clear of it too. : ) xx

      Delete
  2. omg, this dress is so flattering on you! love the pattern and the perfect fit. also totally inspired to try out lipstick with an orange tone.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabby! I'm so glad you're inspired to experiment! : ) xo

      Delete
  3. The dress is great, but I LOVE the shoes and makeup! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I can't seem to get enough of these shoes : )

      Delete
  4. This dress is so beautiful on you! I love this style.
    Sometimes I am a bit nervous to wear dresses that flare out at the hips because I am pear shape. But this has such an elegant shape, I can see most body types being able to pull this off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Amber! The girly shape is so much fun to wear! I agree that it would work on different body types! : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit! Perfect lips!

    ♥ Oxana
    O X A N A  M.U.A makeup blog NEW POST! BACKSTAGE SNEAK PEEK!
    Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glamour look. I love yuor shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is a fresh looking houndstooth. I love this dress on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lena! I thought it was a fresh take on the pattern as well : ) xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your dress is drop dead gorgeous and so are you. Look at the fit on you? Stunning!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busola, you're a sweetheart! xo Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Love your dress :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you could wear a sack an still look gorgeous.
    But seriously, this whole look is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is gorgeous! xx

    http://adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. That houndstooth dress is so gorgeous! I can see how you could get sick of that pattern as you have so much in your state but this dress is a beautiful classic and I am sure you will love it forever!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! I agree that houndstooth is totally a classic! xox

      Delete
  14. i love your style!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know :)
    bohoyoho.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...