Friday, February 21, 2014

My New Cropped 'Do + Tips On Going Shorter







It was a spontaneous decision. After several years of sporting long hair and not letting a hairstylist come anywhere near me with scissors, I decided on Wednesday I wanted a change. Yesterday, I had four inches of hair cut off, and I am so excited about my freshly cropped style! I had forgotten how good it feels to have short hair. I went in knowing exactly what I wanted - an angled look - shorter in the back with the longest pieces in front. No layers. It was a little scary/exciting to see big snips of my ombre tips falling to the ground as my hairstylist clipped away, but the final result was liberating. My hair feels so healthy now and has great bounce. It's also much easier to style. A couple of tips, when getting a new 'do... Show your hairstylist photos (lots!) of cuts that you like. If you're nervous about going shorter or aren't sure how much you want trimmed, ask your stylist to work slowly, in increments, until you are satisfied with your length. My stylist worked patiently with me on this. I originally asked for two and a half inches cut off in the back. Then, I found myself wanting more, so she clipped off another inch... and then another. And then it was perfect. 


Embracing a little change is fun. I'm so glad I went for it. : )
Hope y'all have a lovely weekend!





Haircut and color by Lita Peer, Richard Joseph Salon, Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham, AL
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! Change is good and it will grow back! You have the perfect frame of face to wear such the hair cut.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It felt amazing to do it. : ) Def fun to change it up!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! I usually never have a set style (except for blunt bangs) i just cut it every two years (about) and let it grow out in between. I can never decide if i like my hair short or long lol.
    You look wonderful, and just in tme for spring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new do.
    xx xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. U have an amazing hair cut!
    ❤️www.namelessfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! your stylist did an amazing job getting your hair perfectly angled. the ombre looks great at this length too!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe I will be sticking with this style for a while: )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...