Monday, February 3, 2014

Gladiator Heels Crush

Mary's heels: Schutz Brianna Lace Up Boot



 Well, we've made it through the first month of 2014. January seems to have flown by for us! Spring is right around the corner, and I'm looking forward to getting a lot more wear out of my Schutz gladiator booties, which I ordered from ShopBop this past fall. Thanks to the surprisingly warm weather over the weekend, I was able to wear these heels for the first time without pants covering up the top half of the boot. They make more of an impact when the entire shoe is visible. These are my favorite heels at the moment and are so much fun to wear. The lace up, structured cage heel makes a great choice for spring and is perfect for months transitioning into warmer weather. I've seen a lot of similar styles on runways, most recently at Christian Dior Couture (see here) as well as Gucci and Emilio Pucci Spring 2014 (see here and here). I like these heels paired with sweeter or looser-fitting silhouettes like this red lace Free People dress. A tight fitting or sexy looking dress would be overkill with these.




Here are a few close-up shots for you.






When I wore these heels with a dress over the weekend, a few friends asked me if they could also be worn with jeans. Yes. The top portion of the boot is nearly invisible underneath skinny jeans. A cool bonus with these heels is that they sort of look like a different shoe when worn with pants. Love that.

I thought I'd show some similar styles I found ranging from high to low price points. In addition to black, all of these are also available in camel or brown shades. Each pair has a back zipper like my Schutz pair. For those of you interested in a more affordable version, see Chinese Laundry's Jackpot boot here as well as Nine West's Kenie bootie here. There appear to be a limited number of sizes still available in the B Brian Atwood pair (here, here & here). See the Isabel Marant ones here.



Have a lovely Monday! Would love to know what y'all think.



Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE gladiator heels! they had such a gorgeous edge to any outfit, love it paired with your red lace dress here, perfect for a Valentine's day date :)
    xo
    http://thefashionistabubble.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx, Naghmeh! I love them too. Agreed this makes a good date look! : )
      xx, Mary

      Delete
  2. Girl, you look hot! That dress and those heels...dangerous combination :)

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is def a fun combination! : ) xx

      Delete
  3. Love your dress! :) And shoes too, I would love a pair for myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! x So much fun to wear these heels.

      Delete
  4. Looks very pretty, love it! Seems like the spring is already here since you are dressed like that :) Hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Felt like spring that day. Back to being cold today tho! xx

      Delete
  5. These shoes are uber cool. And I love how u wore them with that killer dress:)
    Thanks for the follow. Following back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! Looks amazing with the shoes!

    ♥ Oksana
    www.oxanamua.blogspot.com {NEW POST >> VAMPY VALENTINE}
    www.facebook.com/oxanamua
    Follow @oxanamua on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, they look different with both outfits and that is definitely a bonus. Great shoes! Love your red dress by the way.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx, Busola! Yes, they are more versatile than they might appear to be at first glance, which I love : )

      Delete
  8. Perfect heels and with red dress is beautiful together.
    Katharine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...