Friday, February 14, 2014

Deep Purple Nails For All Skin Tones

Nothing against Valentine's Day, but pink+red mani's, mini hearts, and nails that read L-O-V-E are just not our cup of tea. Amidst an abundance of cutesy V-Day themed nails that seem to be posted everywhere, I thought I'd share three shades of purple polish we're wearing this month. Hopefully this post will offer a nice little visual break from all that and also show you some dark purple polish options for different skin tones.
 
I'll start with our favorite of the three, Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Charivari, which is part of Chanel's latest spring collection. We like a dark nail for transitioning into warmer months. This one is a matte, muted shade of purple with a touch of chocolate in it. It looks so glossy and pretty here on our friend Ashley. We like it on fair skin tones.
 
Chanel's Taboo polish is also a fun one. It's a deep royal shade of purple with a gorgeous shimmery magenta mixed in. It looks fab on warm skin tones, as seen here on our friend Lia, but it's a versatile shade that also looks beautiful on pale skin.
 
 And finally, the fun one for last. It's Velvet Burgundy by Nail Rock. It's a warm, plummy shade of purple that can be worn alone or dipped into a little pot of fuzzy looking powder for a velvet effect, which I did on my index finger nails. I quickly discovered that the velvet is pretty high-maintenance. If it gets wet, it looks smudgy. I don't see it lasting longer than one night.
 
 
 
Tell us what you think of these purples. Hope y'all have a lovely Valentine's Day!
 
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love purple anything.
    I love pink blushes and lippies but not so much on my nails.
    Taboo is my kind of shade and I also really like the new one Charivari. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too! Love dark purples and also have a thing for lavenders : )

      Delete
  2. This is a good idea. I've never tried purple nails but I like the sophisticated look of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx, Abigail! You should totally give them a go. We've been wearing purple a lot lately. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh...wow! Purple is a lovely shade. I love dark nail paints and 583 shade in chanel looks perfect for me. Would give this shade a try next time! xo

    Geetika | geetikawalia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the velvet nail!

    I'm flying to America tomorrow!
    Find out more at lovefromsimmie.com ♥

    Stay beautiful doll. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great nails!

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a good week!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...