Monday, February 10, 2014

Beauty Trend: Electric Orange Lips


Tangerine has been a hot color in the beauty and fashion world ever since Pantone dubbed it Color of the Year in 2012, and we predict this fiery shade will continue to be relevant for spring and summer months of 2014. I think it's popularity has stuck because it's such a versatile, flattering color. In summer months, I wear tangerine on my nails and lips almost everyday. Over the past two years, I have gone through multiple bottles of tangerine polish (this rarely happens with one single color - I usually bore easily). Tangerine goes with everything. It looks good with both neons and pastels, and it feels punchy and fresh. It's a bold choice that doesn't look as heavy as red lips and nails, yet it's a bit more interesting than hot pinks. Plus, it's a smart compliment to Pantone's newest Color of the Year, orchid.

All this being said, you might want to consider incorporating a fiery orange lipstick into your makeup palette for spring and summer. I'm excited about a new drugstore shade I just picked up, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange. It reminds me a lot of Sephora's Tangerine Tango lipstick I blogged about in 2012, when the trend first started (see here). The Maybelline lipstick stays on pretty nicely and has good pigment. It's also less than $10. Thoughts?


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I love this shade! It's so flattering on you. Great easy buy at the drugstore, too. Although I'm not sure I could pull it off - but I'm going to give it a shot in springtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx, Meredith! It's not quite as bright on the lips as it looks in the tube. Give it a shot! I sometimes mix my tangerine lipsticks with a coral-nude one, which gives you a softer effect.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely in love with your blog!!

    Would you like to follow each other? :)

    Kisses from Germany!

    Xoxo
    Kate,
    http://www.katesfashiondiary.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a pretty look!
    I really love the orange lipstick. It's greaaat and looks good on you!

    Anw, you have such a lovely blog.
    I've followed you.
    Mind to follow me back? :)

    Glad to know you ^^
    xx from Indonesia,
    Debby
    AMOUR DE MA VIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. That orange is so adorable. Quite subtle in a perfect way without overpowering your skin tone and makeup. I like it a lot.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Busola! It's def a little more subdued on than it looks in the tube : )

      Delete
  5. Beautiful color of lipstick, your hair looks so beautiful too!
    Now I´m following you in GFC (#143) and Bloglovin´(#103) I hope your follow me back!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful color!

    ♥ Oxana
    www.oxanamua.blogspot.com {New awesome bright photoshoot + Valentine's special}
    www.facebook.com/oxanamua
    Follow @oxanamua on Instagram and Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange lip color... love it!! I have a NYX lip stain in the same shade, maybe a bit darker.

    Geetika | geetikawalia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange lip color... love it!! I have a NYX lip stain in the same shade, maybe a bit darker.

    Geetika | geetikawalia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...