Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter-Inspired Eye Makeup With Dior Fusion Mono Shadow


It has been an eventful last 24 hours. Alabama got hit with a snow storm yesterday, and it took our city by surprise. Fortunately, I made it home safely. My sister, Lindsey, was trapped for over nine hours in her car on the interstate before a wonderful friend of ours saved the day by picking her up in the middle of the night on his four wheeler. God bless sweet friends like him! : ) Hopefully, she will make it home soon!

In the spirit of this snowy yet beautiful day, it seems appropriate to do a quick post on an icy silver cream eyeshadow that I'm liking at the moment. It's Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Etoile. Its texture is similar to the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre cream shadows we recently posted about here, only more lightweight. I found the Dior shadow to be a bit more sheer than the Chanel one, but it is still buildable, and it looks very pretty on. Inspired by the models' makeup at the 2014 Chanel Spring Couture show (see here), I wanted to try a toned-down daytime version of the silver shimmer + black liquid eyeliner combo.

After creating a black winged cat eye along the upper lash line, I moistened a lip brush and then used it to apply the silvery cream eyeshadow along my bottom lash line as well as on my sweet friend Ashley's below, who let me experiment with her Dior shadow. (I love playing in friend's makeup bags! : ) We like how it turned out. The look is a subtle, pretty option for winter.



I recommend building the product by applying a couple of layers of cream shadow if you are trying to achieve an "eyeliner" effect, as seen here. It can also be applied all over the lids as a sheer, shimmery highlighter over your eyeshadow. 

Eyes: Diorshow Fusion Mono Shadow in Etoile | L'Oreal Precision Point Liquid Eyeliner | Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara
Pullovers, left to right: Patterson J. Kincaid, Elizabeth & James
Would love to know what y'all think. Stay warm today, and happy Wednesday!

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the soft, sparkly look. Glad to hear everything turned out ok with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail! We are thankful, too! Looking forward to Lindsey making it home! : )

      Delete
  2. Looking at the product - I would have been intimidated by it.
    It looks a bit in your face - glitter queen
    But now that I see it on you it looks much softer. I actually really like it. :D

    Oh and thank you so so much for your kind words on my blog.
    I am following you as well :)

    Love from Canada
    ❤anamascara.blogspot.ca❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! It definitely looks more subtle on than in the container. I love it too and have gotten a lot of compliments wearing it. Stay warm in Canada! xxoo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope y'all are staying warm over htere! i;m sure you heqard about the craziness over here in atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle! Hope you are safe and warm as well in Atlanta! Even though it's been chaos, truthfully, I am loving the snow : )

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for this snow storming to be over..enogh already....on the bright side, you guys look like beautiful ice princesses. :)

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) We are ready for it to be over as well! Hope you're staying warm in Dallas! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Very Natural! Love it!
    Follow you! I invite you to visit me! ;)

    Kisses!

    http://www.blogsocute.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful eye shadow! I love Dior make-up (except maybe their mascaras, which don't really impress me), I've been using the Diorskin Forever compact for ages. Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and FB? Let me know :)
    xx
    Anett

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes - love Dior makeup as well. I will have to try the Diorskin compact. xx

      Delete
  8. Winter makeup perfection!! You both look very wintery and pretty. Love it!!

    Please stay safe you two. Man, 9 hours is no joke.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...