Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ombré Love

Mary's Lipstick: Dior Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Mysterious Mauve

When it comes to hair color, ombré is most fun. Sorry, blondes. : ) I think it is, anyway, which is why I've sported the two-toned look for the past two years. I recently had my ombré redone by Lita Peer (she's great!) at Richard Joseph Salon in Birmingham, Alabama, and I'm pleased with the results. If you're thinking about giving ombré a try, it pays to do your homework before deciding on a salon. Below I've listed some helpful points to consider as well as the colorists Lindsey and I recommend.


Find an experienced colorist and grill them. (Nicely, of course! : )
Make sure they have experience doing ombré, and ask to see pictures of their work. Once you decide on a salon, bring photos (lots!) of ombré looks you like. Photo examples help keep communication clear. Your definition of "golden blonde" may be quite different than your colorist's! I always request a cooler shade of blonde with a teeny bit of gold in it, but that's what works with my coloring. Also, my ends are fully colored, and the brown/blonde contrast is pretty blunt. You may want to request something a bit more subtle if it's your first time!


Get professional deep conditioning
The coloring process will make your ends extremely dry, so this is a must. Get a deep conditioning treatment while you're there. Your hair will feel so much better, and you'll thank yourself.


 
3. Adjust your haircare routine
Start using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner at home. Lindsey and I like the Bumble and Bumble Mending shampoo/conditioner, which is what Lita used in my hair and recommends. You'll also need a good hair oil to keep your ends hydrated. Bumble and Bumble's Hair Dresser's Oil is wonderful, and we use this at home. Bumble and Bumble's Quenching Complex is also recommended for hydrating. Both Lita and Stephanie Andary from Bumble and Bumble in NYC used these products on me when doing my ombré.






SALONS WE RECOMMEND:
Here is where we've had our ombré done and who did it. rocked at it.


Birmingham, AL
Lita Peer


NYC
Stephanie Andary (did my color)
Zoe Wiepert (did Lindsey's color)
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Very cool tips and ombre rocks.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi My Dear ! :* Your blog is so cool ! I want to invite you to mine , and check the shop witch the banner is on the right side of my blog ! You will get 10% discount! I think that u will find in this shop something special for u ;* maybe u wanna follow each other ? If yes just follow me and let me know I will do the same ! :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    I'm a new follower on GFC and bloglovin, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, when will we see some nail posts again!? I love those :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it!!
    maybe we can follow each other? let me know! <3 http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips!! I always prefer my hair in the hands of professionals!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're beautiful! Great post doll :)
    Fancy following eachother?


    xx LOVEFROMSIMMIE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your this work hope so every one who visit this page too share his comments. Thanks for share this.
    Beauty Salon Alabama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...