Monday, December 30, 2013

Easy Ombré Nails How-To



Nail art can be daunting for many of us, but we've found that achieving an ombré effect is surprisingly easy. All you need is two bottles of nail polish and a sponge eyeshadow applicator. We used Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vamp and Black Satin, which is a great color combo for winter. Start by painting all of your nails in the color that you want to appear at the bottom of your ombré look. So in this case, we painted on a full coat of Vamp, and then allowed it to dry completely. Once dry, brush the darker polish onto just the tips. While still wet, use the sponge eyeshadow applicator to blend the color downward, creating an ombré effect. Do this slowly and gently! Finish with a clear top coat. 

For a more festive look, try a swipe of sheer, glittery nail polish on top of just the darker shade you chose for the tips. We love Essie's Set in Stone, which we have previously blogged about (here).






Pin It

8 comments:

  1. not sure if my first comment got through, but gorgeous tutorial. will try it out. amazing blog as well, and thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and for the follow. following back and looking forward to your updates.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nail polish is so pretty and it reminds of black currant. This is really a great tip. Honestly, you make ombre effect on nails look so much easier than i thought. Nice post and thanks for sharing :).

    Happy New Year to both of you!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!!

    irinasenina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love this. I think many of my friends would be impressed if I did this

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other on GFC???
    Just let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back

    My Blog: Beauty-Fulll

    Facebook
    Twitter
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waa no way I did something so similar to this design only reversed the colors
    - http://anamascara.blogspot.ca/2013/10/black-liquid-eyeliner-best-of-both.html

    Beautiful result! I like yours better :-P

    Love from Canada
    ❤anamascara.blogspot.ca❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That ombré effect looks amazing!
    I love your blog! So glad I found you :)
    You have a new follower ;-)

    Love,
    annalaurakummer.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...