Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Chanel Le Vernis Summer : Cobalt, Mermaid, and Tangerine Nails

Rings on bottom: Judith Ripka, Elizabeth and James 

 I'm loving the new shades in Chanel's latest limited edition nail collection - all gorgeous shades for summer. My favorite is probably Bel-Argus, $27 which I'm wearing here. It's a metallic royal blue, which looks really striking on the nails. I love how this shade of blue looks so brilliant and rich. The touch of metallic is a nice change from the matte cobalt shades we've seen a lot of lately. I can't stop staring at my hands whenever I wear this color. Stunning.

Out of this collection, I'd say Lilis, $27, is probably my go-to color. Tangerine is still our "neutral" for the summer. It seriously goes with everything, so it's a great everyday shade. The fiery orange shade is sooo hot for lips (post soon to come) and nails right now. It looks great on all skin tones. This shade will not leave my toes this summer!


Finally, Azure, $27 is another gorgeous limited edition shade I am loving. It looks like a mermaid's fin. It's iridescent, so it reflects different colors depending on the lighting - reminds me of ocean waves, so I love it as a darker option for summer. I have literally never gotten as many compliments on a polish shade as I have on this one. Mary and I have always loved Chanel polish -- it's a little more on the expensive side but totally worth it since you are getting true 'fashion' shades that are very on-trend. People will notice these colors : ). Happy Wednesday! 




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Lindsay, you have the nicest feet I've ever seen! Love your color too, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I saw the email that you had a new post! ha. Even though I am not a fan of metallics, Bel-argus is actually really pretty. Do these polishes wear well - like does their quality match the price point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kasie! We were also "over" metallics, but Bel-Argus and Azure changed our minds! Chanel polish does wear really well and doesn't chip easily. To make a mani last as long as possible we always try to paint a quick-dry top coat over them every other day or so. Essie's Good to Go is our fave and costs about $8. x! Mary

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...