Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lancôme Cils Booster Mascara Base

I've stepped outside my normal eye makeup routine and have been experimenting with eyelash primer as of late. Here, I am wearing a coat of Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base underneath two swipes of Lancôme Definicils High Definition Mascara. The Cils Booster boasts to make any Lancôme mascara look more dramatic. I tried this lash primer, along with Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. Of the two, I think the Lancôme one makes a much more noticeable difference. I love Diorshow Mascara, so I had high hopes for the primer, but I wasn't very impressed with its brush (which is different than the regular Diorshow). Plus, the formula seemed sort of dry. I feel like the Lancôme primer, on the other hand, really does give my lashes some oomph. I like the effect. I can see it. However, for me, I think the result is too dramatic for day. The false-lash appearance is kind of fun though. On a side note... I noticed that the Lancôme primer with works best with the Definicils mascara (it didn't work as well when I tried it with another brand of mascara I have). The Cils Booster and the Definicils do seem to be made for each other. Happy Wednesday!


 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love browsing through your blog and discovering new ways of trying products that I have discounted and buried in the back of my makeup drawer. Lancome's defincils did nothing for my lashes on it's own. I found the formula quite wet and thin and it didn't really give me any definition. I'll have to try it again with a lash primer and see how it goes because your lashes look lovely here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, good!! :) I am surprised that you tried Definicils in the past and didn't like it. I think it's great at lengthening lashes. Yeah - definitely give it a try with the Cils primer and maybe you'll like it better. A side note - I did find that I needed to go over the Cils primer with two coats of the Definicils to completely cover it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...