Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bye, Bye, Ombré

Lindsey's Pants: Free People / Sweater: Zara / Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell



Since we started the blog last winter, this may be the first post where my hair is markedly different... No more ombré. I made the decision several months back to grow it out, and I'm finally back to my natural color, which as you can see in the above photo is brown with a hint of auburn. This is kind of a big deal for me, because I love being adventurous with my hair... Before going ombré three years ago (yes, before ombré became big), I had bleached blonde hair with blunt cut bangs... before that, I had long, dark espresso colored strands. So after years of highlighting, lowlighting, and bleaching (& don't even get me started on the heat tools), my hair was looking rather fried and in desperate need of some tender loving care. So that's why I've decided to go back to my natural brown roots. Not only that, I'm laying off of the heat tools as much as I can... (Hello Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray!.. more about that in another post). This is kind of a little experiment to see just how much healthier my hair can be if I banish these color and heat evils out of my life for a while. So far, though, I'm embracing going au natural even though it was tough to break free from my adventurous hair side. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...