Monday, February 18, 2013

The Perfect Red Nail

Nails: Bobbi Brown Nail Polish in Valentine Red / Velvet bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Here's a quick little post on the perfect red nail polish. This shade is Valentine Red by Bobbi Brown, $18, which we pointed out in our previous post as part of our current 'Red' inspiration. This pretty matte red has no shimmer in it and delivers a nice, wet shine look that I always love with red nails. This looks the most classic. This formula is good - it has lasted for days without chipping. Every woman ought to have a classic red shade like this one in her makeup bag. It looks good all year long and goes with every outfit. By the way, if you order this polish from Nordstrom or Barney's, the shipping is free, which is always nice. Interesting little tidbit: A makeup artist for Bobbi Brown told me that Bobbi always says when you wear red polish on your nails, go for pink polish on your toes... and vice versa! Sounds kinda quirky, so I may just have to try it. Happy President's Day!
xo, Mary
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. what a lovely beauty blog! you girls are so talented x

    http://allure-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) thank you for following me. I am happy to follow back :)
    XOXO
    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your blog, definitely following now. Stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liking that rich vibrant hue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely shade of red and as you say suitable year round. It was a lovely surprise to see that I had a new follower - thank you. I have been reading your precious posts and enjoyed your honest reviews on the St Ives body lotion and mini straighteners - pleased to be following now!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying the blog :). And thank you for following! Xx

      Delete
  6. you werent kidding when you said perfect red nail! looks fab! you are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shade, it's gorgeous. I found it really difficult to find a red polish that suited my skin tone but I love Chanel's 'Dragon.'

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like Chanel Dragon a lot too. I think the Bobbi Brown shade is closer to a true red, but both are beautiful. Thanks for following! x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! I totally love your photos! Why don't you have more followers? You deserve many many many more! haha :)
    I have a question: How did you put the "You might also like" thing on the end of your blog? I tried to do this but I couldn't figure out how to..

    Love,
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Anna! We would totally love more followers! : ) The "You might also like" is from LinkWithin. Try to google that online so you can incorporate it into your site!

      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...