Thursday, February 21, 2013

Indigo Darling Eyes

Mary's Eyes: Lancome Long Wear Calligraphy Gel EyeLiner in Indigo Darling / Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black

We've been majorly digging blue eyeliner as of late. Brilliant royal blue liner has been a huge trend on spring runways, and we've found a great alternative for daytime that's a little more muted, yet equally gorgeous. It's Lancome's Long Wear Calligraphy Gel EyeLiner in Indigo Darling, $24.50, a little gift to me from a sweet friend. This pigmented gel liner is waterproof, so it does a nice job of staying on. We love this shade of liner with a bare face and just a touch of lip color. Wear too much makeup, and the liner will not look on trend. I used a slanted angle soft eyeliner brush (see below) to glide a cat eye shape right above my lash line. I skipped both liner and mascara along the bottom lashes to keep the look striking and simple. Again, you always want to be careful not to overdo it with blue! Let us know what you think about this indigo liner!



x, Mary
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. This has inspired me to dig my navy liner out! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naomi! I think it might be my new fave xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, I just met your blog. That beautiful, loved the photos. I really liked your blog. I get your permission to follow you here. Follow me? I would be delighted to have you in my world of color. Nice make up.

    Good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just joined your world of color :) Thank you for following and happy you like the blog! xx

      Delete
  3. Love this shade - just the right amount of metallic!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adele! Am following you now and would love for you to follow us as well! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I might try the indigo as well. always been trying black or dark brown. thanks for this post!:)



    www.allprettyandnice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's such a nice alternative to the usual brown and black.

      Delete
  5. I'm always worried that blue will look too over the top, but it looks gorgeous on you so I may have to give it a go.

    Love the blog and the concept :)

    B x

    www.rebeccaruby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! You should totally try the indigo! And thank you for visiting our blog - we would love for you to follow us! xx

      Delete
  6. Ahh, Mary, your eye makeup looks AMAZING! I wish I had your skills:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! Practice makes perfect ;)... and the right brush really makes a difference
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...