Thursday, January 17, 2013

Desert Heat Eyes

Mary's Eyes: Estée Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow  /  L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner   Cheeks: Lancome Blush Subtil in Evening Affair
Whenever I play around with color on my eyes, I often find myself gravitating toward earthy greens. Especially in the winter - just to warm up my look a bit. I love the way green shadows compliment brown eyes. One eyeshadow palette I've liked for a while now is Estée Lauder's Pure Color Eyeshadow Compact in Desert Heat. In the above photo, I have on a blend of all five shades in the palette. First, I started with an all-over wash of the light sand highlighter (scroll down below and see bottom left on palette). Next I generously swept on the metallic green shade across the outer portion of my eyelids and blended a bit of the shimmery bronze (scroll down and see top left of palette) on the inner corners of my lids. Then, I lightly dabbed my finger into the warm taupe shadow (top right shade on palette) and dotted it right in the center of my eyelids, between the bronze and green. I finished with just a touch of the deep matte brown in the outer crease. You can go back and add more green with your fingertip to the outer portion of the lids if you want the green to stand out a bit more like on my eyes. This particular palette is best for warm skin tones. If I'm not in the mood for green, the brown shades pair nicely together on their own. Happy Thursday!


xo, Mary
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Your skin look so amazing ! I was hoping if you would like check out my blog. If you really like it maybe you can show some love.- Chic Out of Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will def check out your blog ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...