Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How To Create Loose Waves With Mini Buns + Revive Day Old Curls

Lindsey's fur vest: Elizabeth & James
First, we hoped everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful holiday at home which included a lot of much needed rest, good food, and time with the fam. Being a holiday of course, we indulged in a little lazy time. Before our Christmas church service, we kept our hair routines quick and simple. My soft, loose waves pictured above were achieved super easily, and in this post, I'm going to share my trick with you. Below are the steps!

1) After blow drying my hair, I parted it straight down the middle and down the backside, separating two sections aside as if I were going to create pigtails. 

2) But instead of pigtails, I created two low mini buns. I made each one using a twisting motion (twisting away from my face, not toward it), and secured the little buns with bobby pins. 

3) Next, I used a blow dryer to apply heat to the buns and left them alone for about 5 or 6 minutes. Once I removed the pins, I finger-combed my hair, twisting the pieces around my face outwards, toward the back and then lightly misting my hair with hairspray. The effect is looser than the curls I normally get when using a curling iron, but I like this look a lot.

If your hair is naturally very straight, try leaving your buns in longer. You may have to experiment until you find a length of time that creates the perfect, loose wave for you. Mary loved my results so much that she tried it on her own day-old, slept-on curled hair, which she had washed the day before and styled with a curling iron. She left her mini buns in for about half an hour and pulled them loose to find her waves completely revived. Turned out to be a great trick for reviving her day-old waves without heat styling!

Lindsey's Dress: Splendid
 xo, Lindsey & Mary
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love your Outfit on this post ♥ Follow you now, so maybe you like to visit my blog, also?

    http://fashiontoertchen.blogspot.de/

    Kisses and Hugs
    CiWi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! We are following you too xx
      Mary

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...