Monday, October 29, 2012

Victoria Beckham's Baby Oil Trick For Dry Skin


I recently came across a tweet by Victoria Beckham on skincare that made me gasp yet also intrigued me. She apparently loves using baby oil on her face (yes, face!) to combat dryness while traveling. Beckham says she smooths on the baby oil after applying her regular skincare regimen. This seems to go against everything I've been told in life about getting baby oil anywhere near the face. But of course, I had to try this on myself since this trick works for her. So I snagged a bottle of Johnson's Original Baby Oil for about $5 at the drugstore, and cautiously smoothed on a very thin layer after completing my typical nighttime skincare regimen of serum, eye cream, and moisturizer. I skipped my t-zone and just concentrated the baby oil onto my cheeks, eye area, neck, and chest. I was sooo pleasantly surprised by how much I loved my results. My skin felt completely quenched when I woke up the next morning. I've actually continued doing this every night. However, a word of caution: Don't even think about doing this if you have oily or acne prone skin. If you happen to have extremely dry skin, go ahead and try applying a thin layer all over your face... again, after your nighttime skincare regimen. Baby oil by itself is not enough in terms of repair and prevention. We hope VB keeps doling out the beauty advice!

xo, Mary
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have been using Vaseline on my face daily before applying my moisturizer/sunscreen and sometimes at night before bed -Especially around my eyes and on my forehead and around my mouth - ever since I read this on pinterest and because I live in the dry AZ desert: http://www.mythirtyspot.com/2011/09/20-uses-for-vaseline-girls-best-friend.html
    My skin is very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We are also big fans of using Vaseline on our faces! Click here to see our post on it earlier this year: http://laylonbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/03/easiest-moisturizing-trick-ever-for.html

      While I prefer Vaseline, my sister loves Aquaphor, which is another good alternative. Thank you so much for passing along the link - I may just have to include some of these great tips in a new post!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...