Monday, October 8, 2012

Quick Trick To Look More Rested

Product images via Google Images



I can't stand the look of dry, cakey undereye concealer. It is aging, and it brings unwanted attention to tired eyes. Here's a quick easy trick for eyes I recently learned (and love) courtesy of makeup genius Tom Pecheux. First start with a good concealer such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Flawless Concealer, $22. The shade I wear is Light. Put a little of the concealer on the back of your hand and mix in a small dab of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye, $52. As I've mentioned to you before in a previous post (click here to see), I looove this oil-free eye treatment. It truly feels like silk underneath the eyes. Next, Use a concealer brush to apply the mixture to the undereye area. (It's okay to use your fingers if you don't have a brush, although a brush is preferable). As always around the eye area, apply with a light patting motion. Don't rub or sweep. (This helps fill fine lines, making them less visible). Finally, if necessary, lightly dab a tiny dot or two of concealer by itself around the outer undereye area. The result is hydrated, more rested looking eyes. It looks so much more natural than applying concealer alone under the eyes. I am sticking with this trick!
xo, Mary
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this! I just received a tiny sample of the repair in a GWP set and I already have the concealer. I've delegated my double wear concealer to just an eyelid primer and brow concealer as it caused my jawline to break out and was far too drying to wear as under eye concealer. Excited to see if I can finally make this work for under eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kasie! You're smart to use the DW concealer as eyelid primer - I've tried that as well and liked it. Just make sure that the Advanced Night Repair serum that you got in your gift with purchase is for eyes and not the one for your entire face. I actually use both the face and the eye serum and love both... the eye serum is, however, what works best with this little trick I talk about in the post. Thanks for commenting! We would love for you to follow us! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...