Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Sheer Love: My Elizabeth & James High Waisted Skirt

Mary's Skirt and Blouse: Elizabeth and James
Here's a quick post on a sheer skirt I've loved and adored since my sister first gave it to me as a present (last Christmas!!). It's the Taylor Maxi Skirt by Elizabeth and James, which previously retailed for around $430. This is a skirt that truly transcends seasons. It has become one of my favorite pieces in my closet as of late. It works with everything and is perfect for so many occasions. What makes this skirt more special than most black skirts is that it's not just one, but two layers of gorgeous black, sheer silk. I think one layer might have cheapened it. I also love the woven checkered lamb waistband. This skirt was designed to sit more at the hips, but I had a tailor take it in so it would be high waisted. Oh, and it has pockets! This skirt looks dreamy when walking in it. The way the fabric flows is so pretty! I am stopped and complimented by strangers every single time I wear it. Isn't it cute with my raspberry silk top, also by Elizabeth and James? I can't wait to pair this skirt with my cropped jackets once the weather gets cooler. Click here and here to see our previous posts on our sheer fabric wardrobe favorites.

Mary's sunglasses: Le Specs

xo, Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...