Wednesday, September 12, 2012

For The Love Of All Things Sheer

Mary's caftan: Elizabeth & James / Swimsuit: BCBG
Sheer fabrics are one of the little things in life that make me happy… Since today is my birthday, I thought I’d do a quick post on a fashion trend I love that’s been a go-to in my wardrobe for a while now and is now becoming very mainstream. Never before has sheer fabric been so accepted; rules no longer apply.  Sheers aren’t just for spring and summer. Take, for example, the sheer black caftan by Elizabeth & James that I’m wearing in the photos above and below. It looks fabulous with a swimsuit and perfect poolside, but I fully intend to incorporate it into my fall and winter wardrobe. This caftan would look just as stylish with black skinny jeans, a long sleeve top, and belted. This is actually a great example of a piece worth splurging on because it transitions so nicely from season to season. The fringe detail along the hemline makes it even more special. Plus, how gorgeous is its flowing silhouette? Stay tuned for Lindsey’s favorite sheer piece tomorrow! Happy Wednesday!

Bracelets: Chan Luu, Tai / Sunglasses: Le Specs
xo, Mary and Lindsey
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love your blog!! You and your sister are inspirational. Keep doing what you do xo Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Faith! We love that you are enjoying the blog! Always keep us posted if there's anything you'd like us to discuss in a post! And thank you for following :) XOXO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...