Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Multi-Season Splurge: My Cream Rag And Bone Dress

Lindsey's dress: Rag and Bone / Shoes: Coconuts
As I look back over the summer, I can't help but be reminded of a particular dress I find myself turning to over and over again. It's my cream drop waist tie dress by Rag and Bone. So we thought it would be a good opportunity to bring up the topic of investment pieces (Click here to read Mary's post on smart splurging earlier this year... also a Rag and Bone piece!). This cream dress was a splurge for sure... it cost me about $500. But to me it was well worth it considering all the wear I've gotten out of it. First of all, it transitions nicely from season to season because of the hue - it's not stark white, so it's not limited to summer. It's also easy to dress up or down. I've worn it just about everywhere... from work, to church, to interviews, to out at night. This is piece I see myself wearing for years to come, which is what makes it an especially good investment piece. Again, I bought this a year ago, so it's no longer available in stores, but I did come across a similar alternative currently available at Net-a-porter.com. It's the Leonard pleated crepe dress by Rag and Bone ($415). I love the pleat details in the front and also the exposed zipper in the back, which modernizes this classic shift dress. This one would also make a great investment piece. 

Courtesy Lyst.com
xo, Lindsey
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...