Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How To Get Spray Tan Results At Home

Mary's Shorts: Zara Combined Printed Shorts / Blouse: Zara Shirt With Applique On Collar / Heels: Gucci / Lipstick: Sephora + Pantone Color of the Year Tangerine Tango Cream Lipstick
In this post, I'm going to share my secret for getting almost-as-good-as-airbrush-tanning results at home. Whether you don't have time to schedule a spray tan appointment or you're just trying to save a little cash, it is possible to achieve gorgeous dark color on your own. To get bronze color like mine in the photo above, you will need the right tools. After showering and exfoliating, I slather on two generous coats of L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning Lotion in Deep Natural, which is under $9 at Drugstore.com. After applying the first coat, I immediately apply another... this includes two generous coats on my face and neck. I apply the self-tanner more sparingly on my elbows, knees, ankles, and the top of my feet. The only body part I skip on this step is the top of my hands. After you have applied two coats of the L'Oreal Sublime Self Tanning Lotion, immediately wash your hands thoroughly. Next, I use L'Oreal Sublime ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Self-Tanning Mist ($9.50). I spray one coat generously from the neck down. I do not spray this on my face. Be sure to spray a lighter mist over your ankles and feet and finish by spraying the top of your hands and fingers. Don't rub in anything! Avoid getting self-tanner on the palms of your hands because you should not wash your hands after this step. I often do this routine before bed because I like to wake up with nice, dark color in the morning. When you wake up, slather on Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer ($9). I use the Medium - Tan shade. Continue doing this in the evening and the following morning. As the week continues, add another coat of L'Oreal Sublime Self Bronze Tanning Lotion and a mist of L'Oreal Sublime Airbrush Tanning Mist as needed. You may start noticing that the tops of your hands and feet are looking slightly darker than the rest of your body... if this happens, just avoid spraying the tanning mist on those body parts. Only spray it where you need more color. I always love how my color turns out when following these steps! If for some reason you don't like your results, take a hot shower, and it will tone down the color. If you have any questions at all about this, please don't hesitate to leave a comment or send me a message, and I will be happy to clarify anything for you!

 xo, Mary
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. fell in love with Your figure, style, and this lipstick. awesome! i want more Your looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much! Please become a follower on the right hand side of our page! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...