Friday, May 4, 2012

Product Review: Pureology Hair Thickening Mask

Product photos courtesy soap.com / Mary's Top: Elizabeth and James
I must do a post on one of my favorite hair thickening products, Pureology's Hair Thickening Masque ($36). I've noticed that when my hair is cut shorter, the texture always seems puffier and frizzier. Now that it has gotten a lot longer, it seems to have thinned a bit all over. The Pureology Thickening Masque is one of the few hair products I've ever used that noticeably takes care of this problem, and it's perfectly safe for color-treated hair. It can be used as often as you wash it. The masque should be applied to wet hair right after you rinse out your conditioner. Leave it in for 2-5 minutes before rinsing it out. I recommend starting out with squirting a penny-size amount (or even smaller if your hair is super fine) into your hands. The formula, which ingredients include volcanic ash, is a gritty dark gray paste that warms when it touches your skin. It looks a bit unusual. Comb it through with your fingers starting around your eyebrows and going downward to the ends of your hair. Don't rub it into the roots. You will probably notice that you can feel this product in your hair as you are drying and styling it. It feels a bit like there's product in your hair that didn't come out completely when you washed it. That's why it's important to start out with a small amount. I just read some reviews and found that some people have had great results with mixing a small amount of the thickening masque in with their conditioner instead of applying it immediately after. I'm going to give this a try next time I wash my hair. Overall, you should definitely notice its strand-plumping powers. If you are at all finicky about products affecting the texture of your hair, you might not like this hair masque. I, for one, prefer having fuller looking hair, so I'm going to stick with it :). As you can see in the above photo, my hair has fulness even at the roots thanks to this product.
 xo, Mary
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued! I'm always looking for ways to thinken my limp hair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...