Thursday, May 10, 2012

Crossing Over To The Dark Side

Mary's Sunglasses: Le Specs / Shirt: Zara / Lipstick: Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Autumn
The dramatic, wine-painted lips seen on the likes of Kate Bosworth and Camilla Belle at the 2012 Costume Institute Gala inspired me to step over to the dark side. In the photo above, I am wearing Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Autumn ($25). There's something empowering about wearing a shade this bold. It's the high-drama you'd expect from a red, but a bit more rebellious. To pull off this lip color, keep the rest of your makeup pretty minimal, as seen on the actresses at the Met Ball in our post yesterday. Don't overload on powder and foundation. To be on trend, make sure to keep the blush warm and natural. Above, I am wearing Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Honey Blush ($21), which is one of my favorites. This probably goes without saying, but I must warn against wearing this shade of lipstick on a first or second date... I am pretty sure that guys will just not get this color. 
xo, Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...