Monday, April 23, 2012

Primed for Perfection: Our Favorite Primers

Product images courtesy toofaced.com and allure.com
 We like to use primer as the first step in our daily makeup routines because it helps create a nice, smooth canvas for applying makeup. The smoother and more even your skin's surface is, the more natural and flawless your makeup will look. After washing our faces and applying moisturizer, we smooth on a thin layer of primer before applying concealer or foundation. 

Lindsey Says:
 I've had great results with Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronze Tint Skin Smoothing Face Primer ($30). It always makes my skin feel smooth and silky, which I love. It has a bronze tint which is formulated to enhance your natural skin color, while also offering sun protection with SPF 20. It gives my face an airbrushed look worn underneath my foundation. It can even be worn on its own. 

Mary Says:
Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer ($42) is my primer of choice. It's a clear formula that doesn't deposit any color - just a soft, mattifying finish thanks to its silicones and emollients. I love the primer's lightweight, non-greasy feel and how it makes my foundation look more even and flawless on my skin. A good primer I've tried at a lower price point is Victoria's Secret VS Pro Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20 ($18). This one is very similar to the Lancome one in that it's a silicone based gel-cream formula. Let us know which primers you love!
 xo, Mary and Lindsey
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...