Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Joy of Smart Splurging




Cape: Rag and Bone

Today marks the official first day of spring, and it's finally starting to become lovely outside in Toronto. I trust that by next week, I will be putting away the winter clothes for good... And finally parting with my best investment piece of the cold season -- this stunning cape by Rag and Bone. I bought it right at the start of winter, and it has gotten me through every occasion imaginable, which brings me to the topic of smart splurging. I believe in getting yourself at least one good investment piece for every season... A smart buy that you constantly reach for no matter where you're going...  Something that will turn heads and make you feel fabulous... Something of supreme quality and fit that will last you for years. This turned out to be a great smart splurge because it took so many of my outfits to the next level, thus I found myself reaching for it constantly. It's definitely my best F/W 2011 purchase. Whether running errands or going out at night, this is my go-to coat.

Here's what you need to know when it comes to smart splurging:

1.) It should be something you wear often (not a sparkly cocktail dress, obviously).
2.) It should be something that is easy to dress up or down - take you from day to night.
3.) It should be something that can spice up a simple outfit, like jeans and a plain sweater or tee... Something that elevates your overall look.
4.) It should be comfortable... This should be a no-brainer, but sometimes pretty shiny (not so comfy) things at Saks can cloud our judgment :)
5.) Last, wait and get a second opinion if you're unsure. Ask a fashionable friend you trust if it's worth it.

I'm finally about to begin my spring shopping... Just keeping my fingers crossed the snow is over in Toronto! Just remember that you can always justify buying nice, quality pieces if you're smart about it. Happy shopping!      

   x, Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...