Thursday, March 22, 2012

DIY Intensive Peppermint Foot Scrub

 I don't know about y'all, but when the weather is cold, I tend to forget about my feet. It's easy to slack off on getting pedicures when your feet are hidden in winter boots everyday. Now that it's gotten warmer, mine need attention asap. I whipped up my own exfoliating foot scrub using ingredients straight out of my pantry to get rid of all the rough and dry spots. This intensive scrub is easy to make and will leave you with smooth skin. If your skin is at all sensitive, then this one is not for you.

All you need is honey, olive oil, Sugar in the Raw, and a drop of peppermint oil. The vanilla extract is optional... I found that the scrub doesn't really need it since the honey makes the smell so sweet. Start by squirting two dollops of honey into a small bowl of sugar. Add about a teaspoon of olive oil and stir well. It will be a little sticky and clumpy until the olive oil is well blended. Add a touch more olive oil if you need it. Just don't add so much that the scrub becomes runny. (Otherwise, the oil will end up separating from the honey and sugar). Finally, add a drop of peppermint oil to the mixture and stir again.

I scooped my scrub into a couple of empty Lancome moisturizer jars. Glass baby food jars work well too. Just use a shallow container. When you're ready, rub it all over your feet, concentrating on the heels and any other dry areas. Then work it over each toe, one at a time. After you rinse it off, slather on a rich moisturizer. Enjoy how much better your feet feel! Let me know if you have any good DIY scrub recipes :).

xo, Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...