Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dry Shampoo


As promised, here is our little dry shampoo breakdown...


MARY'S LIST:
1). Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo- Lindsey introduced me to this one, and it is the best I have ever used in terms of making oil disappear. It is similar to baby powder except the powder is a bit finer. (For any of you who have put baby powder in your hair before, the Oscar Blandi powder is MUCH easier to rub into your hair and make disappear... Visible white powder is so unattractive!) Another thing I love about the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo is that it adds nice volume and body to your hair. I use this stuff all the time and am a huge fan. 


2). Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Shampoo - This formula is invisible and not messy at all. It sprays out in a mist kind of like a can of hairspray would. It smells good and makes my hair smell clean, so I like it. I use this in addition to the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (but less frequently). It doesn't really cover up oily hair -- just smells clean.


3). Tresemme FreshStart - I bought this one at a drug store while on a trip. It is a foam, which seems to actually clean your hair instead of just masking the dirtiness. You squirt out a dollop in your hand and comb it through your hair with your fingers until it disappears. However, it doesn't really do much to cover the appearance of oil. It is also annoying that the foam makes your hair damp... I really don't recommend this one.


4.) Baby Powder - For me, this is always a trusty LAST resort if I am out of my other dry shampoo. In a pinch, I will sprinkle it at my roots and brush repeatedly until it disappears. A very small amount will do the trick. If you dump out too much, your head will be white, and you won't be able to get it out without washing it. I don't recommend using this unless it is an emergency, but again, in a pinch, it will do the trick.



LINDSEY'S LIST:





This is a product that I've fallen in love with! It is a great alternative to dry shampoo. For oil control I tend to turn to a powdery substance, but this dry spray actually absorbs a bit of oil as well. I turn to this product to create incredible volume and texture to my hair when it is feeling flat and limp. I absolutely recommend this spray!


Having brown hair I was ecstatic to find a dry shampoo that caters to brunettes! However this product failed me in a number of ways. First of all the spray was wet, gunky, didn't mask my oil, and weighed my hair down. It also created a bit of a mess in my bathroom. The brown formula stained my walls, shower curtain, and when I washed it out of my hair my tub was brown! Unfortunately this seemingly bright idea was a disappointment.

Here's an idea.... dry shampoo powder for brunettes... I'll be waiting...     xo, Lindsey and Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...