Monday, February 20, 2012

Making a Blowout Last



Today marks five days since my awesome blowout at Bumble and Bumble, and my hair still looks pretty dang good. I am all about making a great blowout last as long as possible! I certainly don't have the time or patience to wash my hair everyday. Not only that, daily shampooing is very damaging... Especially if you get your hair colored or chemically treated. I'm going to share some of my tricks to keeping my hair looking good inbetween washes. So enjoy giving your hair a break and finding better ways to spend your time! ;)

1). After a blowout or a good wash, style your hair as you please, and then stop messing with it. If your hair has a tendency to get oily, you especially ought to keep your hands off of it.

2). Avoid using a lot of products on it after the first day. If it starts to look flat, flip your head over and blowdry it and then use a little hairspray.
 
 3). Another thing I do is change my part every day. This a very important step. Flipping your part to a different side or to the middle will make it look fresh and give it the appearance of new volume. You could alternate your part between the right and left each day if you like. Just change it up. For those of you completely opposed to changing the part of your hair, try wearing your hair pulled back halfway one day, and then taking wearing it back down the next.

4). Dry shampoo!!! This stuff can work miracles for your hair inbetween washes. I am addicted to it. There are a lot of different kinds out there, so  Lindsey and I will get into more of those details in our next blog post. Quickly though... If your hair is more oily, use a powder-based dry shampoo instead of sprays or foams.     xo, Mary

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...