Saturday, February 18, 2012

Airbrush Tans

Painting my toenails in Ulta's Envy
Sweater: Elizabeth and James

I should've posted about this sooner, but I got my very first airbrush tan thanks to my sweet and generous sister! I got it done at Faux Glow, on the upper east side, during my New York trip. I chose to go "Dark", despite the advice of the woman who sprayed me, who suggested I go "Medium Dark".  The darkest shade you can select is "Very Dark". (I would not recommend choosing "Dark" if you don't have any olive tones in your skin -- it won't look natural at all). I know it may be ridiculous to be this tan in the middle of winter, but it was so much fun to take a break from being pale! I got sprayed on Wednesday, and it has stayed on amazingly well. I have always used Mystic Tan and VersaSpa Spray Tan booths in the past, but the tan never looks this good days later. That's why I felt that I needed to post this picture of my tan today. Also, the obvious benefit of airbrush tanning is that since a person and not a machine is spraying you, they can cover all parts of your body evenly (no white spaces between your fingers and toes!). On a side note, I recommend asking the person who is spraying you to do a slightly lighter mist on your face, which is what I did... this will prevent muddiness, which is not attractive!     
xo, Mary
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...